Sunday, August 13, 2006

Yowza!

Wow. What a long weekend. Even so, I feel like we haven't made much headway. Well, I guess we have. . .slowly but surely.

Friday at 4 PM, we headed off. Somehow it took from that time until 9:30 PM to shop for paint (for the living room and bedroom) look at lights (we found some great ones for the bathrrom!) and head over to Home Depot for. . . whatever it is we seem to spend hundreds on when we go there.

We woke up bright and early on Saturday. After a little Cinnamon Toast Crunch, we were ready to rock! We painted the ceiling in the bedroom ULTRA White. Michael installed a new heater (no more ugly baseboard heaters!). Once we had that under control, we took a little union break on our new porch chairs.







I called The Container Store and in just under an hour, our "clothes closet" was ready. After a little confusion on our part (who knew they gave you the install book when they designed the closet?), we had a very cool closet ready to go:



Now that those were ready to go, we fixed the doors so they would slide smoothly. We also took another trip to Home Depot. At this point, I feel as though with the amount of time and money we spend in that store-I should be a VIP customer. They should have my favorite beverage waiting when I walk in, a personal shopper and yummy little snacks. Is that too much to ask?

Sunday was the same thing. We started out at Lowes, found the baseboards, bathroom accessories and 2nd closet pieces. I think it's crazy how many different items they can have from Home Depot. I mean, how many different kinds of toilets can there possibly be??

Once we got home, we measured the baseboards and began to install. THAT was a bigger project than I thought it would be! Luckily Jim has every tool known to man and a quick jaunt up to the house provided us with everything we could possibly need.

We had a short interpruption at 4 PM when we had an appointment with our Kitchen Designer at . . .you guessed it: HOME DEPOT! I think everything should be squared away on the kitchen, but we have to confirm one more time on Wednesday.

It's been a looooong weekend, with many more to come! This week, Michael will try to install the pocket doors and I will try to get the rest of the walls clean. Next weekend, I will paint the bedroom. Here is a small preview :

Tomorrow: New carpets!!

I leave you with a view of our mess.






No comments: