Monday, August 07, 2006

Introduction

Welcome to our Condo Remodel blog!

I think I can speak for Michael when I say we are both very excited about our Condo Remodel. We have been planning this since we first viewed the unit back in June.

A little background:

Last year, the stars aligned and I found an amazing deal on a condo in Downtown Bellevue. There were many things that made this "meant to be". 1) I had previously pointed out the condos months before to my brother saying that I wanted to live in this area, 2) It just so happened I went home early (thanks Tom!) and 3) On a whim, I searched Craig's List and found a listing for my condo. I made a call and the next day I went to view it. It just so happened that the current tenant was moving to New Mexico (I am from NM)! Her and I hit it off and Tom (who came with) closed the deal. It was a GREAT deal.

So I have lived here-2 minutes from work, a tiny walk away from Bellevue Square Mall and 20 feet away from the "Big Freezer" (QFC) for a year. When Michael and I started spending time together-he fell in love with this area. We are both just blocks from work.

One day, he noticed one of the units was for sale. The rest was history. Although we didn't get that unit, we met Kyle who worked hard and found us the place we currently have. After much Mortgage Drama-we're in!

Since I love writing and doing the blog thing, I thought it would be fun to post pictures of the condo before, during and after the remodel. I want to document the funny (and frustrating) things that happen.

Hopefully it will be as fun for you to read as it is for us to do!

No comments: